Pace of Play
Wooden Sticks has been pace rated for 4 hours and 40 minutes. This is the required minimum pace for a foursome to complete 18 holes. Clocks are situated throughout the course to assist players in monitoring their pace.
The clocks reflect your starting time. If you start at 8:00 am in the morning – 4 hour 40 minute pace will be reflected by each clock displaying 8:00 am. If a clock shows a later time you are behind pace, an earlier time and you are ahead of pace.
Groups falling out of position and behind pace will be issued a warning. Subsequently if the slow groups’ pace is not improved they will be either instructed to let groups play through or finish their round immediately.
A pro rated credit will be provided for the remaining holes not played. For the enjoyment of all players, pace of play must be adhered to.
For the enjoyment of all players playing behind you, golfers must be mindful of raking bunkers after play, filling divots with sand and seed mix (supplied on the cart) and repairing ball marks. Please place any garbage in the proper receptacles. Anyone caught littering during play will be removed immediately.
Wooden Sticks Dress Code
Wooden Sticks requests that all golfers dress in appropriate golf attire. Wooden Sticks Staff have the sole discretion to advise any golfer if their attire is unsuitable. The following guidelines are recommended:
- Men should wear a collared shirt or mock neck shirts and tailored Bermuda length shorts or tailored pants.
- Ladies should wear a collared shirt or crew neck shirt, Bermuda length shorts/skirts/skorts or tailored pants.
- Denim jeans, cut-offs, track pants and tank tops are not recommended at Wooden Sticks.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Golf shoes are recommended. Wooden Sticks is a soft spike facility.
All alcohol must be purchased from the course hospitality stations or clubhouse. This policy adheres to all legislated liquor laws in Ontario and our liquor license. Unauthorized alcohol on the property will be confiscated. Personal coolers are not permitted. Wooden Sticks is within its Rights and Obligations to check bags that may be in violation of this policy.
Due to insurance liability and liquor laws, golf carts are not permitted in the parking lot area. Please use the bag drop off area before and after your round. Golfers are responsible for any damages to golf carts. Golfers must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart. Due to COVID-19, f0r those interested in riding a single golf cart Wooden Sticks will be allowing this option for an upcharge of $30.00 + HST.
Any damages (due to negligence) to Wooden Sticks property is the responsibility of the player.
Rain Check Policy:
1. Rain checks are only issued on the day of play. Anything prior is considered a rescheduled tee time. Depending on when you reschedule upgrade charges may apply.
2. Once arriving at the club, it is solely at the discretion of the player if they wish to play.
3. If you choose not to tee off and not eat your first meal, you will receive the full value of the pre-paid green fee towards a future round of golf in the form of a dollar amount rain check. The rain check will be applied to a future round of golf and may result in a credit or additional payment based on the new booking rate.
4. If you choose not to tee off after eating your first meal, you will receive the value of the prepaid green fee less the value of the meal in the form of a dollar amount rain check.
5. If after their first meal you decide to tee off and subsequently quit playing throughout the first 9 holes, you will receive a 9 hole rain check (9 holes plus 1 meal). Your next booking will be 50% of the new posted rack rate and include an additional meal. Please note that 50% rain check discounts cannot be used towards on line bookings.
6. If you tee-off the tenth tee (second 9 holes) and subsequently do not finish because of rain, no rain check will be issued.
COVID-19 Rain Check Policy
- Rain checks are only issued on the day of play. Anything prior is considered a rescheduled tee time. Depending on when you rescheduled, upgrade charges may apply.
The date of play – If you wish to not play in the rain:
- If you leave during play of the front 9 you will receive a rain check of 9 holes towards a future round for golf and cart only. On-course gift cards are to be used during original booking date and will be voided out towards a future round.
- If you leave during play of the back 9 you have decided to end your round and there will be no credit towards a future round. On-course gift cards are to be used during original booking date and will be voided out towards a future round.
The date of play – If the horn sounds and Wooden Sticks stops play:
- If you decide to go home during play of the front 9 you will receive a rain check for 18 holes and will be able to use the remaining credit from your on-course gift card towards a future round.
- If you decide to go home during play of the back 9 you will receive a rain check for 9 holes and will be able to use the remaining credit from your on-course gift card towards a future round.
Rain Check Exceptions:
In the event that lightning or excessive rain warrants closing the course and ending play (the club deems the course unsafe) all players will receive rain-checks equivalent to the last 9 holes played. In other words, players not completing 9 holes will receive a 18 hole rain-check (equivalent in dollars to the amount paid that day less meal value consumed to that point) and those on their second nine holes will receive a 50% rain-check of the value paid that day.
Stay & Play Rain Checks
Please refer to your Stay & Play confirmation for seasonal Rain Check options
Tournament Play Rain Checks
Please refer to your Tournament Contract for Rain Check policies
Arrival Prior to Tee-Time
Groups are asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to their tee-time. This allows time to warm up on the practice facilities. All golfers must register at Reception upon arrival at the course. In order to shorten the registration process, it would be appreciated if you can forward by fax or e-mail the names of the other golfers in your group if you did not provide them at the time of booking.
Rental Clubs can be arranged with the Pro Shop on the day of play. Rental Fee applies.
Golfers have the option of setting up daily account upon check-in at Reception. Accounts may be used for any incidental purchases throughout the day. In order to establish an account, we will require a valid credit card and a signature for all accounts upon registration. All accounts must be settled prior to leaving Wooden Sticks.
Full payment by credit card is required on the day you call to make the tee time, there are no monetary refunds. If you have a gift card or voucher, the booking number must be provided to confirm the booking. Alternate payment methods may be used on the day of play however a $4.00 fee will apply anytime an additional credit card payment is taken. No charges will apply for cash or debit transaction on the day of play. Online booking cannot be adjusted on the day of play.
There are no monetary refunds in the event of cancellations. You may reschedule your tee time or receive a gift card credit for the amount paid. Depending on when you reschedule your tee time, upgrade charges may apply. Failure to show for a tee time without prior notice will receive no credit.
Gift cards and vouchers that are to be used as payment for golf will need to be presented upon registration. If certificates are not presented, payment for golf must be made by credit card, debit or cash. Please read all conditions before booking. Some gift cards/vouchers do not include promotional merchandise/items. Please read all gift card/voucher conditions.
Rescheduling a Tee Time
You may reschedule your tee time with advance notice. Depending on when you reschedule your tee time upgrade charges may apply.
Twosomes will be paired with another twosome when possible.
Wooden Sticks Golf Club will not be accepting single players for the 2021 golf season.