- Guest Code of Conduct
- Golf Course Policies
- Dress Code
- Alcohol Policy
- Rain Checks
- Administration- Daily accounts, payment, refund policy, Gift cards & Vouchers, Rescheduling
Guest Code of Conduct
Wooden Sticks Golf Club is committed to creating a safe and comfortable environment for golfing and dining experiences. Wooden Sticks guests have a right to expect an environment in which they will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all Wooden Sticks Staff. The Staff have the same rights. Accordingly, golf and dining guests are responsible for their own conduct. The following standards have been established with respect to guest conduct:
- Wooden Sticks Guests are entitled to enjoy the golf course and dining areas free from disruptive or inconsiderate behaviour or unruly actions.
- Wooden Sticks Guests shall refrain from using abusive or profane language or obscene gestures towards staff or other guests.
- Wooden Sticks Guests who choose to consume alcohol must do so in a legal and responsible manner. Outside alcohol is strictly prohibited at Wooden Sticks with the exception of the overnight accommodations. Wooden Sticks staff have the right to check golf bags for personal alcohol. Any personal alcohol will be confiscated.
- Intoxicated or impaired Guests will be not be permitted in the dining areas.
- Those who engage in any of these actions will be immediately removed from the premises without a refund.
We encourage all golfers to respect other golfers guests at Wooden Sticks. We suggest that you follow the guidelines put forth, which are considered to be proper golf etiquette and put in place to enhance all golfers experience.
- Maintain proper pace of play as directed by the Starter and the on course GPS system.
- Do not hit into or confront any other golfers during play. Golf Staff will be monitoring slow play and engaging with slow groups directly. Any other disruptive behavior can be reported to the front reception by calling 905-852-4379 and connect with our Golf Professional Staff. Wooden Sticks staff are trained to handle those situations discreetly and professionally
- Maximum of 4 players and two carts per tee time unless given prior approval by the golf staff.
- Please be respectful of all Wooden Sticks property.
- Please do not litter – use the appropriate garbage and recycling containers.
- For Safety reasons the golf course is closed from dusk to dawn. Playing after dark is unsafe and not permitted for any reason whatsoever.
We encourage all golfers to respect other dining guests at Wooden Sticks
- Please be respectful of other guests and staff at all times. Loud and offensive language will not be tolerated
- Staff have the right to refuse any dining customer if not respectfully attired.
- Intoxicated or impaired guests will not be seated in any dining or patio area.
- Please refrain from smoking on any of the clubhouse patio areas. Use the designated areas or ask your server where smoking is permitted.
- Overnight guests must honor their pre booked reservations – failure to show will result in a cancelled reservation and forfeited meal inclusion
Wooden Sticks thanks you for adhering to the provisions of the Wooden Sticks Guest Code of Conduct
Golf Course Policies
Pace of Play
Wooden Sticks has been pace rated for 4 hours and 40 minutes. This is the expected maximum pace for a foursome to complete 18 holes.
The GPS screen on your golf cart will reflect your current round time and will display whether your group is on pace with a GREEN display or off pace with a RED display, along with the amount of time you are either behind or ahead of pace.
Groups falling out of position and behind pace will be issued a warning message on their screen. Groups that do not improve pace after being issued a warning will be repositioned on the course.
For the enjoyment of all players, pace of play must be adhered to.
Wooden Sticks Dress Code
Wooden Sticks requests that all golfers dress in appropriate golf attire. Wooden Sticks Staff have the sole discretion to advise any golfer if their attire is unsuitable. The following guidelines are recommended:
- Men should wear a collared shirt or mock neck shirts and tailored Bermuda length shorts or tailored pants.
- Ladies should wear a collared shirt or crew neck shirt, Bermuda length shorts/skirts/skorts or tailored pants.
- Denim jeans, cut-offs, track pants and tank tops are not recommended attire at Wooden Sticks.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. Golf shoes are recommended. Wooden Sticks is a soft spike facility.
- Dining room requires presentable attire. Dining Room staff have the right to refuse service to those not presentable.
For the enjoyment of all players playing behind you, golfers must be mindful of raking bunkers after play, filling divots with sand and seed mix (supplied on the cart) and repairing ball marks. Please place any garbage in the proper receptacles. Anyone caught littering during play will be removed immediately.
The Liquor Laws of Ontario prohibit anyone from bringing personal Alcohol on any premises that holds a AGCO Liquor License.
- All alcohol must be purchased from the course hospitality stations or clubhouse.
- Unauthorized personal alcohol on the property will be confiscated.
- Personal coolers are not permitted.
- Wooden Sticks is within its Rights and Obligations to check bags that may be in violation of this policy.
Wooden Sticks is a cart mandatory facility. Golfers must have a valid driver’s license to operate a golf cart. Due to insurance liability and liquor laws, golf carts are not permitted in the parking lot area. Please use the bag drop off area before and after your round. By agreeing to and paying for green fees, all golfers agree :
- To assume all risk of loss or damage to golf carts rented or borrowed from Wooden Sticks Golf Club
- To assume the risk of injury or death to the Operator or other persons and damage to other property arising from the use of the golf cart.
- To take all precautions to avoid loss or damage to the golf carts, damage to other property and injury to persons, arising out of the use of golf carts.
- That the Operator will only drive the golf cart in appropriate areas as per the posted signage and that no other person will be permitted to operate the golf cart.
- To indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Wooden Sticks, its employees and any other person for whom it is in law responsible, from any kind of liability, suit, claim, demand, fine, action, or proceeding of any kind which may be brought against it, and from and against any and all losses, costs, damages suffered or incurred by Wooden Sticks Golf Inc. (the “Claims and Losses”), howsoever caused, including, but not limited to, by reason of any damage to property or injury (including injury resulting in death) to any person, in any way connected to this Tee time booking, except to such extent that such Claims or Losses are caused directly by the negligence of Wooden Sticks Golf Inc.
Rain Check Policy
- Rain checks are only issued on the day of play. Anything prior is considered a rescheduled tee time. Depending on when you rescheduled, upgrade charges may apply.
Rain Check on the Day of Play – If you wish to not play due to rain or a forecast of rain:
- If you stop play on the front 9 you will receive a rain check of 9 holes towards a future round for golf and cart only.
- If you stop play on your second 9 and decided to end your round and there will be no credit towards a future round.
Rain Check Exceptions:
In the event that lightning or excessive rain warrants closing the course and ending play (the club deems the course unsafe) all players will receive rain-checks equivalent to the last 9 holes played. In other words, players not completing 9 holes will receive a 18 hole rain-check (equivalent in dollars to the amount paid that day less meal value consumed to that point) and those on their second nine holes will receive a 9 hole rain-check . Rain checks do not expire.
Stay & Play Rain Checks
Please refer to your Stay & Play confirmation for seasonal Rain Check options
Tournament Play Rain Checks
Please refer to your Tournament Contract for Rain Check policies
Rental Clubs can be arranged with the Pro Shop on the day of play. Rental Fee applies. It is recommended to reserve in advance.
Golfers have the option of setting up daily account upon check-in at Reception. Accounts may be used for any incidental purchases throughout the day. In order to establish an account, we will require a valid credit card and a signature for all accounts upon registration. All accounts must be settled prior to leaving Wooden Sticks.
Full payment by credit card is required on the day you call to make the tee time, there are no monetary refunds. If you have a gift card or voucher, the booking number must be provided to confirm the booking. Alternate payment methods may be used on the day of play however a $4.00 fee will apply anytime an additional credit card payment is taken. No charges will apply for cash or debit transaction on the day of play. Online booking cannot be adjusted on the day of play.
There are no monetary refunds in the event of cancellations. You may reschedule your tee time or receive a gift card credit for the amount paid. Depending on when you reschedule your tee time, upgrade charges may apply. Failure to show for a tee time without prior notice will receive no credit.
Gift cards and vouchers that are to be used as payment for golf will need to be presented upon registration. If certificates are not presented, payment for golf must be made by credit card, debit or cash. Please read all conditions before booking. Some gift cards/vouchers do not include promotional merchandise/items. Please read all gift card/voucher conditions.
Rescheduling a Tee Time
You may reschedule your tee time with advance notice. Depending on when you reschedule your tee time upgrade charges may apply.
Twosomes will be paired with another twosome when possible.
Wooden Sticks Golf Club does not accept single player bookings.